Pilates’ is a physical and mental form of
exercise; and postural therapy, which heightens the expansion of
the deep abdominal muscles to control body movement, and protect
the back. Through low-impact workout you can achieve astonishing
results, such as, a flat stomach and a lean, toned body. Joseph
Pilates, born in Germany in the late 1800's founded the Pilates’
method of exercise. Pilates’ became popular around the late
1900’s in New York. It soon began a new wave of exercise.
Pilates’ is now one of the most common known forms of exercise
in the United States.
Pilates’ is a coordination of training using both mat work
and equipment. Most Pilate exercise machines or equipment are made
of platforms, springs, pulleys and straps. Most common of the Pilates’
equipment is the Clinical Reformer and Proprioception T- Bar. This
platform is used through out the United States in most hospitals,
clinics, and chiropractic facilities. Other equipment such as, Studio
Reformers, Pilates Allegro, Allegro Tower of Power, and Personal
Reformer have become common known Pilates workout equipment as well.
Each machine is built to serve its own purpose. For example: The
Pilates Allegro is engineered and built for commercial fitness,
but it’s for home use as well.
Pilates’ offers several benefits, which include:
• Increases strength and flexibility
• Tones and streamlines the body
• Make you less capable of injuries while playing sports and
• Conditions the whole body
• Improves concentration
• Stabilizes the core
• Corrects posture and alignment
• Promotes balance and coordination
• Creates a strong and supple spine
• Helps you to feel mentally and physically relaxed and energized
• Enhances a healthy range of motion
• Benefits the heart, lungs, and other internal organs
• Excellent for pregnancy recovery
• Aids in injury prevention and recovery
Best of all, Pilates’ is suitable for people of all ages
and physical conditions.
What makes Pilates’ original and Joseph Pilates’ ingenious
is that Pilates’ works you from the inside, to your outside.
Its coordination of unique movements, targets your unfathomable
interior muscles, strengthening and molding your muscles, leaving
you with a sleek, toned body.